This error has been the most troublesome for me in the past. Typically of you try searching the error you will get pointed to KB article 943948. What I have found is that this is caused when you run an integration and Microsoft Dynamic GP seems to disappear and Integration Manager freezes or gets closed down integration. I have also seen this occur after an error and the user tries to re-run the integration.
What is occurring is that Integration manager and Microsoft Dynamic GP still has processes running in the background. If you go into task manager and look at the running processes you will see multiple for Microsoft Dynamics GP for the user trying to run Integration Manager. You have two solutions, either go into task manager to stop the processes and test again or have the user reboot.
Sometimes just stopping the services does not resolve the error and a reboot is still required. If a user is logged into a terminal server it is important to verify that they fully log off the server and simply does not disconnect.
In Microsoft Dynamic GP, there is a direct scanning button that is available. For the direct scan button to activate you must have a WIA driver installed. If it does not detect the driver it will appear grayed out (as the screenshot above shows).
I ran into an issue recently where I needed to have the users RDP into a terminal server and be able to utilize an activate scan button. Microsoft redirect did not work and I tested several third-party scanning redirect software programs, such as TSscan and scanredirect. Neither of these products worked to activate the scan button because they installed a TWAIN driver on the terminal server. I had tested about 6 scanning redirection options before I found one product that installed a TWAIN and WIA driver on the server side and pulled the scanner’s default scanning options into the server. This product is Scanner for Remote Desktop. Here is their guide to their product with instructions on how to install.
I was not paid to represent this product and earn no money placing this on my blog. I found that this product assisted in resolving a problem that took me over a month to find a solution. If you have another scanner redirection product that also installs a WIA driver on the server I would be more than happy to edit this post and add it.
With Microsoft Dynamics GP permissions come from two different types of accounts. There are local accounts and GP accounts. Local accounts are setup on a domain in Active Directory. GP accounts are setup within the GP programs.
The permissions for excel reports pulls from Active Directory and not Microsoft Dynamics GP. Specifically, it is an active directory account setup in SQL and set DYNGRP and rpt_power_user for it to access the account.
First login to SQL and expand security. Under the security right click on login and select ‘new login…’. After you select new login you will be able to see the option to search for a login. This search will allow you to search in Active Directory. After you add the new user under the general tab, then select the user mapping. Under the user mapping, select all the databases that the user should be able to run excel reports in and add the permissions DYNGRP and rpt_power_user. If you do not want to provide them the rpt_power_user role, then you would be able to select the rpt_%rolename% that best fits your company’s security policy. This can also be matched to their GP logins permissions.
For the error, “An error has occurred in the script on this page” URL: “https://online.dynamics.com/us/WebResource.axd?d=2eiL_4UDyPKUYbDwJbaFejBYJ44y52hSWZGz5-A7NDC2pVxbl2HB1Ni-” the solution is not within the GP software. The first time I came across this error and attempted to resolve it, I followed https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2702223. None of these solutions fixed the error. Steps I had taken was to proceed to clear the temp folder from the user directory and then verified the permissions for GP. Most directions that I find online refer to these steps.
In the end, the solution was within Internet Explorer. The error was typically occurring for our hosted Terminal Servers. This is because security is typically stronger on the server due to group policies and security. One of the resources I had referenced clearing cookies. This prompted me to look at compatibility settings and trusted sites.
In Internet Explorer, Go to Tools- Compatibility View Settings
In Internet Explorer, Go to Tools-Internet options
Select the security tab
Select Trusted Sites
Then select Sites
Uncheck “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone
Restart Internet explorer